Education and vocational training services
The aim of our education and vocational training services is to provide disadvantaged children with primary, secondary, university or vocational education through sponsorship and family empowerment. We do this by working closely with local communities to identify children most adversely affected by disease and poverty, and then support these children in attending school and achieving good grades. We pay for their school fees, school uniforms and other items needed for school (shoes, bags, pens, books etc). We also support the family or guardian of the scholar by providing them with resources to set up a small income generating activity. We guarantee funding and support to our scholars and their households for either four years (primary and secondary education scholars) or two years (for polytechnic scholars).
Achievements include >>
- 240 primary school scholars
- 200 secondary school scholars
- 30 polytechnic scholars
- 4 university scholars
- 16 scholars on short-courses (e.g., certificates in accounting, IT training)
- Over 1,000 school books purchased and distributed to scholars
- 200 scholar families got access to resources to set up a small business
- Our social workers have conducted over 500 home visits
- Every term we buy 8,000 bars of soap, 2,000 pens, 400 cans of shoe polish and 300 packs of
sanitary pads amongts other things for our scholars.